Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Final three.

These are the final and complete 3 movies. They have all been edited and changed until I felt they conveyed and looked the way I wanted them to for the most part.

Created by: David Cobbins
March 26, 2007.






With "Church Poll' my intial idea involved making a still image show movement. In order to do this I took many pictures from multiple angles. The pole itself never moved, just me. When it came to editing, I didn't want a centralized and noticable pattern, so for some of the segements of the movie I really mixed the shots up a lot. Click on the image to view the movie.






"Eye of the Hall." is my attempt at an optical illusion. With this movie I thought about simple illusions and wonder how I myself could make one. I asked myself "what type of patterns fool the mind?" The trick here is by focusing completely on the flashing numbers, you only focus a small out of your attention on the moving hallway. For this movie, I never actually moved anywhere. When editing I made it longer,to further establish the effect. Click on the image to view the movie





This video is a combination of " Tale of two Flags" and "Around the World". I wanted to make both of these video's more interesting, so what other way to do it then by combining them? I also wanted to express idea about the flags and through the "Around the World" would help a lot. I don't know how well the messege I was trying to put forth was conveyed, but thats up to the viewer! Click on the image to view the movie.

No comments: